How To Remove Bathroom Tiles Yourself
The look of old and ugly tiles that don’t complement the style and aesthetic of your bathroom can be irking. What’s more, the urge to swing a hammer around and demolish the bathroom is irresistible. While installing new tiles will instantly give your bathroom a facelift, it’s challenging to know what to do with the old tiles. Luckily, Got Trash USA are experts in gutting and disposing of the old tiles and dirt, making the job much more manageable and stress-free.
So let’s find out how to remove bathroom tiles safely and conveniently.
The Simple Way to Remove Tiles from Your Bathroom Floor
Bathroom tiles (especially ceramic tiles) are sharp and can harm you, damage, scratch, or break other fixtures in the bathroom.
So before removing the tiles:
- Put on protective gear such as protective glasses, gloves, and overalls
- Organize all your hair and body care essentials in boxes and keep them out of the bathroom
- Cover or remove the mirrors, glass doors, taps, or hooks
- If you intend to keep the tub, cover and tape it all around
Next, it’s time to make room for a new bathroom floor and walls.
The simplest way to remove tiles is to start from an edge–the area at the door where the bathroom floor ends is your best bet.
Using a hammer and a chisel, break off the tile pieces from the floor, lift them up, and dispose of them in a bucket.
Lastly, clean the floor underneath.
Tips on How To Remove Bathroom Tiles Quickly
- If the tile is difficult to lift off from the edge, try digging into the grout lines between the tiles to break off.
- It is easier to systematically follow one line of tiles instead of removing the tiles at random spots.
Job Done, What Next?
Now that you know how to remove bathroom tiles, it’s time to understand how to dispose of all the trash. And you don’t have to do it yourself. The team of licensed and insured professionals from Got Trash USA will haul your trash away at affordable costs starting from as low as $175 or can provide a dumpster based on your needs.
Doing a Bathroom Remodel in Buffalo, NY? Let Got Trash USA Dispose of the Old Tiles for You!
The better news is that Got Trash USA is available 24/7, including Sundays. So you don’t have to postpone your DIY project. Give us a call to get a quote today!
Image Source; Happy Lenses / Shutterstock